GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU v2.7.0-20161128* released
Version 2.7.0-201611282115 is a new release, adding support for active graphical buttons.
As the old version 1.2 of the SDL graphical library was less and less supported, the build procedure was updated to use SDL2.
- the most compelling new feature is the addition of active graphical buttons; the rectangles around the buttons are sensitive, and moving the mouse over them changes the cursor to a hand; clicking the buttons is also functional, the Reset button triggers a board reset; the user button is also connected to the corresponding GPIO pin, and can be checked by reading the GPIO pin input value; it is also possible to configure the EXTI device to trigger interrupts on GPIO pin changes;
- ths STM32 implementation was extended to support the
SYSCFGperipherals; now it is possible to trigger interrupts on GPIO pin changes;
- the debug options were extended with two new trace options,
mr(use them after
- the graphical buttons are currently available only for the STM32F4DISCOVERY board (the user button is connected to GPIO A0); more boards will be added in future versions;
- Ctrl-C does not interrupt the execution if the
--nographicoption is used.
How to test the buttons
An Eclipse project that can be used to test the STM32F4DISCOVERY button is available from
To use it, clone the gnuarmeclipse/eclipse-qemu-test-projects git and import the
f407-disc-birq project. Build and run the application; the four coloured LEDs will lit for a second, then turn off; click the blue button; the LEDs will lit one by one. Click the black button; the board will reset.
The new QEMU can be downloaded from the GitHub releases page.
The MD5 sums of the files are:
95a4af83d5e053bef92c418f47341cfc gnuarmeclipse-qemu-debian32-2.7.0-201611282115-dev.tgz d03755819d618f4ddd2a75b63a848135 gnuarmeclipse-qemu-debian64-2.7.0-201611282115-dev.tgz 24473650547470808002f7aa0a02ef17 gnuarmeclipse-qemu-osx-2.7.0-201611282115-dev.pkg 9f157e9a6bd4ed7d3d3de81c2a56f065 gnuarmeclipse-qemu-win32-2.7.0-201611282115-dev-setup.exe e9de44232334a41678972aafb3260c16 gnuarmeclipse-qemu-win64-2.7.0-201611282115-dev-setup.exe